As you may already know, the Nutcracker ballet is produced and performed by Alameda Civic Ballet (ACB). ACB is a non-profit performing company and is financially separate from Alameda Ballet Academy (ABA), which is a for-profit school. The tuition paid to ABA for ballet classes do not support the Nutcracker or other ACB productions. ACB’s productions are solely funded by ticket sales, performance fees, and generous donations.
While ACB’s Nutcracker ballet is much less extravagant than San Francisco Ballet’s or Smuin Ballet’s holiday productions, producing our show is still challenging and expensive. Ticket sales and performance fees do not cover all the costs. The generosity and support of individual, corporate, and foundation donors help us bridge the gap.
We are asking you to support performing arts in Alameda by making a tax-deductible gift to Alameda Civic Ballet. We are grateful for gifts of any size, however please take a look at specific levels of giving listed below. Thank you!
If you have any problems or would like to make a donation over the phone, please call 510-337-1929.
Giving and underwriting opportunities for Friends of Alameda Civic Ballet
- Gifts of $100 - $249: Nutcracker program listing, invitation to open dress rehearsal
- Gifts of $250 - $499: Nutcracker program listing, open dress rehearsal, two show tickets, two Sugar Plum Party tickets
- Gifts of $500 - $999: Nutcracker program listing, open dress rehearsal, two premium* show tickets, two Sugar Plum Party tickets
- Gifts of $1,000 - $1,499: program listing, open dress rehearsal, four premium* tickets (with option to purchase additional seats), four Sugar Plum Party tickets, private photo opportunity with guest star dancers
- For gifts of $1,500 or more underwriting opportunities are available, and will be negotiated with each generous contributor.
*Premium show tickets allow the purchase of more tickets in the same area to allwo the whole group to sit togethers.
Your contribution will help support the following and more:
- Appearance of guest artists (professional dancers)
- Sets and Props
- Lighting and Sound
- Sugar Plum Party
- Studio Rental (for rehearsals)
- Full Production
You can donate onlineor pay by check by printing and mailing in this donation form (PDF).
Alameda Civic Ballet is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Tax I.D. # 20-1735397